THE MYSTERY OF THE BIRTH OF JESUS CHRIST

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 17, 2011
      THE MYSTERY OF THE BIRTH OF JESUS CHRIST
      “For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government
      will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor,
      Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace” (Isaiah 9:6 NIV).
      We are in another Christmas season! It is a season set apart to
      commemorate the birth of our Saviour and Lord Jesus Christ over two
      thousand years ago. The season is one of the most celebrated seasons
      throughout the world. There have been many arguments for and against
      the season. Some say that the season has a pagan origin. Others
      rightly observe that December 25 could not be the birthday of Jesus
      Christ. Most people that celebrate it devote the season to the birth
      of Jesus Christ. However, no matter your position about the season,
      have you ever pondered on the mystery of the birth of Jesus Christ?
      What was special in His birth?
      The Child that was born in Bethlehem by the Virgin Mary is the King of
      kings. The Son that was given to us is the Creator of the heavens and
      earth. As the Mighty God, He is so powerful that He did not need any
      help to carry the government of this world on His shoulders. He was
      born as an ordinary new-born baby, but He is the Everlasting Father.
      He is the Wonderful Counsellor and the Prince of Peace.
      The birth of this special Child has brought light, peace and joy to
      the lives of many people, especially people that put their total trust
      in Him. He is ruling and reigning in their lives now. But He will rule
      and reign over the whole universe one day when His kingdom will have
      no end.
      It does not matter whether you believe in the celebration of
      Christmas, the supposed birthday of Jesus Christ, or not. What matter
      is: have you experienced the light, peace and joy that Jesus Christ
      brought to the world? Do you have His inner peace and joy? Are you
      sharing these light, peace and joy with other people? Are you shining
      His light to the darkness of the world? Will you rule and reign with
      Him when He finally establishes His eternal kingdom over the universe?
      Merry Christmas and Happy New Year (2012) in advance!