THEY RISKED THEIR LIVES

    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 10, 2011

      THEY RISKED THEIR LIVES

      "Greet Priscilla and Aquila, my fellow workers in Christ Jesus. They risked
      their lives for me. Not only I but all the churches of the Gentiles are
      grateful to them" (Romans 16:3-4 NIV).

      A foreign missionary had an intimate friend. They had been together for
      quite a long time. The missionary really relied on this friend who was a
      native of the land. It happened that a persecution arose against the
      missionary because of a disagreement between him and the ruler of the land.
      The persecution was so great that the life of the missionary was at stake.
      The native friend risked his life to rescue his missionary friend from this
      persecution by breaking all the protocol to see the ruler and appease him.

      Aquila and Priscilla were good friends and co-workers with Paul, both in
      their trade of tent making and in the proclamation of the gospel. This
      really encouraged Paul as he continued to spread the good news. Not only
      this, they also risked their lives in identifying with Paul in his troubled
      times. They did not consider the danger of such action, but preferred to
      continue as co-workers with Paul. Their action attracted the gratitude of
      not only Paul, but also of the "churches of the Gentiles."

      Epaphroditus (another co-worker of Paul) also received such commendation
      for "risking his life to make up for the help�" Philippians 2:30, NIV).

      The Bible says, "�we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren" (1 John
      3:16, NASB). In what way can you also risk your life for other people? A
      friend in need is a friend indeed.

      This message was first sent out on August 1, 2004.