CONDUCT, NOT CONDOM (resent)

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 3, 2011
      On December 3, 2006, I first sent out the message below to commemorate that
      year's World AIDS Day. There were many reactions both for and against the
      message. On Decemeber 5, 2009, I decided to resend it again to commemorate
      the year's World AIDS Day. Inasmuch as the situation of AIDS is still
      almost the same, I decide to send it out again to commemorate the year's
      World AIDS Day. Here is it:
      CONDUCT, NOT CONDOM
      "It is God's will that you should be sanctified: that you should avoid
      sexual immorality; that each of you should learn to control his own body in
      a way that is holy and honorable" (1 Thessalonians 4:3-4 NIV).
      Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS), a clinical syndrome (a group of
      various illnesses that together characterize a disease) resulting from
      damage to the immune system caused by infection with the human
      immunodeficiency virus (HIV), has been on the rampage since early 1980s.
      The unfortunate thing about it is that no cure has been found for it.
      Therefore, there have been many campaigns to prevent it and to manage it in
      the lives of those that it has infected or affected.
      Because it is contacted mainly by sexual intercourse, the use of condom has
      been one of the ways advocated by many people to prevent the spread of this
      deadly disease. This has made many people to be more promiscuous. It even
      seems that people are promoting the use of condom to the detriment of being
      faithful to one's spouse, or total abstinence from sexual intercourse till
      marriage, which is the original will and purpose of God. However, research
      has shown that the use of condom is not totally safe to prevent the spread
      of HIV/AIDS. This new discovery has vindicated some religious organizations
      that preach total abstinence for unmarried people or faithfulness to one's
      spouse for married people as one of the ways to prevent the spread of the
      virus.
      Recently, I was in a gathering where some representatives of an
      organization came to enlighten us more about the prevention and management
      of HIV/AIDS. These people were the first non-religious people to say it
      openly to my hearing that they do not advocate condom but conduct as a way
      of preventing the spread of the virus. To them, since condom is not totally
      safe, it is better to switch from condom to conduct - a manner in which an
      unmarried person will totally abstain from sexual intercourse, and where a
      married person will be faithful to his/her spouse.
      Yes! Conduct is better than condom because apart from preventing you from
      that deadly virus and other sexually transmitted diseases (STDs), it will
      make you to do according to the will and purpose of God (Exodus 20:14;
      Leviticus 18:20; 20:10; Proverbs 6:24-35; Matthew 5:27-28; 1 Corinthians
      6:9; Ephesians 5:3-5; Colossians 3:5-6; 1 Thessalonians 4:3-8; Hebrews
      12:16; 13:4).
      HIV/AIDS is real! Conduct yourself in godly ways and take note of other
      prevention of its spread so that you will not be infected by it.