FROM OBSCURITY TO LIMELIGHT

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 26, 2011
      FROM OBSCURITY TO LIMELIGHT
      �You have changed my sadness into a joyful dance; you have taken away my
      sorrow and surrounded me with joy� (Psalm 30:11 TEV).
      �He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet
      on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. He put a new song in my mouth,
      a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear and put their trust in
      the Lord� (Psalm 40:2-3 NIV).
      Do you know that God can move you from obscurity to limelight? Do you know
      that He can turn your hopeless situation to a hopeful one? Yes! He can do
      it. He has done it before. He has been doing it now, and He will continue
      to do it.
      God did it in the life of Mephibosheth, son of Jonathan, son of King Saul
      of Israel. After the death of Saul and Jonathan in battle, David became the
      king of Israel. Mephibosheth was not born lame, circumstance of the death
      of his father and grandfather made him lame at age 5 when his nurse was
      trying to save him (see 2 Samuel 4:4). He was left in obscurity in a town
      not popularly known (see 2 Samuel 9:3-4). An heir apparent became a
      fugitive in a strange land. An ordinary servant of his father was
      controlling his property. However, when God remembered him through King
      David, he was relocated to Jerusalem, the capital city of Israel; he
      started dining with the king, and all his property was restored to him
      fully (see 2 Samuel 9). He was taken from obscurity to limelight!
      Many prominent men and women in history had been taken from obscurity to
      limelight. Even, presently, some of the most influential men and women are
      taken from obscurity to limelight. President Barak Obama of the United
      States was born to an unknown Kenyan immigrant. Today, he is the president
      of the most influential and most powerful nation in the world. President
      Goodluck Jonathan of Nigeria was of obscured background before he became
      the deputy governor of a state. Today, he is the president of the most
      populous black nation in the world.
      You also can be brought from obscurity to limelight. No matter where you
      are now or what is happening to you, God can change your situation
      overnight. He will change your sadness into a joyful dance. He will take
      away your sorrow and surround you with joy. People will see and they will
      rejoice with you in Jesus� name. Amen.