THE RACE IS NOT TO THE SWIFT

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 24, 2011
      THE RACE IS NOT TO THE SWIFT
      "I again saw under the sun that the race is not to the swift and the battle
      is not to the warriors, and neither is bread to the wise nor wealth to the
      discerning nor favor to men of ability; for time and chance overtake them
      all" (Ecclesiastes 9:11, NASU).
      My family members have gone to bed. I had not slept. I was watching my
      favorite football team playing with another team in a continental
      competition on the telecast. It was certain that my team would win. One,
      they were playing at home. Two, they had many talented and professional
      players. However, I went to sleep disappointed. My darling team was defeated
      convincingly before their teeming supporters.
      I was lying on my bed, at the same time reflecting on the match: Why did
      they lose? Why did they not score a single goal, even when they had the
      opportunity of a penalty kick? What happened to all their goal scorers? Did
      they not prepare well for the match? Many unanswered questions came to my
      mind until the above Bible passage came into view and revealed the mystery
      of life, "�the race is not to the swift�."
      At times we have all what it takes to succeed, but the result is
      disappointing. Perhaps, it is God's way of showing us an important lesson:
      every success depends on Him, not on our intelligence. He is the omnipotent
      and sovereign God. He gives true success to anyone that pleases Him. Your
      strength, knowledge, experience, wisdom, power, and position are good, but
      they cannot compete with God's wisdom. Never!
      Remember, "No king achieves a victory with a large army. No warrior rescues
      himself by his own great strength. Horses are not a guarantee for victory.
      Their great strength cannot help someone escape. The LORD'S eyes are on
      those who fear him, on those who wait with hope for his mercy" (Psalm
      33:16-18 GW).
      This message was first sent out on October 19, 2003.

      http://bibleverseofthedaybypastorbayo.blogspot.com/ for daily edifying Bible
      verses.