IDOLS OF THE HEART

    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 3, 2011
      Dear Beloved,
      IDOLS OF THE HEART
      "You shall not make for yourself an idol in the form of anything in heaven
      above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. You shall not bow down
      to them or worship them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God��
      (Exodus 20:4-5 NIV)
      "Son of man, these men have set up idols in their hearts and put wicked
      stumbling blocks before their faces� (Ezekiel 14:3 NIV).
      The primitive Africa was full of idolatry. The more I like the African
      culture, the more I hate its connection with idolatry. I thank God that I
      have been saved from all these ancestral idols. In Christ, I can be a true
      African without being idolatrous. However, while I have done away with all
      the physical idols, what of the unseen idols of the heart? Am I free from
      them?
      God accused the exiled Israelites of idolatry of the heart. Though they were
      sent into exile because of this sin, they continued in it in the exile.
      Interestingly, these people still wanted to hear from God, which meant that
      they probably did not realize that they had set up idols in their hearts
      against God�s will.
      I doubt if you still have any physical idol that you are worshipping.
      Nevertheless, what are the idols in your heart? What are the things that
      have taken the place of God in your heart? Is it money, occupation, time,
      sports, pleasure, reputation, position, your children, your spouse, or even
      your life? Anything you like or love more than God is an idol of your heart.
      Remove them now and put God in His right position in your heart.
      This message was first sent out on September 28, 2003.

      http://bibleverseofthedaybypastorbayo.blogspot.com/ for daily edifying Bible
      verses.

      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 4
        Dearly Beloved,
[...]

        Prayer Point: Pray that you will be able to remove all the idols that are taking the place of God in heart.

        "I eagerly expect and hope that I will in no way be ashamed, but will have sufficient courage so that now as always Christ will be exalted in my body, whether by life or by death. FOR TO ME, TO LIVE IS CHRIST AND TO DIE IS GAIN" (Philippians 1:20-21, NIV).