WILL YOU NOT PRAISE HIM?

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 27, 2011
      WILL YOU NOT PRAISE HIM?
      �I will praise the LORD all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as
      I live� (Psalm 146:2 NIV).
      Recently I was invited to be a facilitator of an aspect of the annual
      leadership training session a deaf organization. That would be my first
      interaction with people that were mainly deaf and dumb. I could see the
      enthusiasm of serving God and the humanity in these special people. What
      fascinated me most was the way they were �singing� with their sign language
      and dancing to demonstrate the goodness of God in their lives. I did not
      understand the sign language, but the person assigned to me for
      interpretation did a good job as she interpreted every lyric of their songs
      to me. I had to join them in praising God.
      That experience is still making me to think of how appreciative I am to God.
      I can speak and I can hear people when they speak. I have no physical
      disability. Here are people with some physical disability, yet they are
      praising and serving God enthusiastically. Why will I not do more?
      Most of the people that are reading this message have no physical
      disability, yet, they find it difficult to wholeheartedly praise the Lord.
      They would not think of what they have. They would rather be thinking of
      what they do not have. They would not think of what God has done for them.
      They would rather be thinking of what God has not done for them. It is a
      pity that some people do not even acknowledge the existence of God because
      of their so-called self sufficiency!
      If the deaf can be praising God wholeheartedly regardless of their
      predicament, will you not praise Him? Forget what you do not have or what
      God has not done for you. Praise Him for who is and for what He has done for
      you. At least, you are still alive.
      The psalmist declared, �I will praise you, O LORD, with all my heart; I will
      tell of all your wonders. I will be glad and rejoice in you; I will sing
      praise to your name, O Most High� (Psalm 9:1-2 NIV), and �The dead do not
      praise the Lord, nor do any of those who descend into the silence of death.
      But we will praise the Lord now and forevermore. Praise the Lord!� (Psalm
      115:17-18 NETB).
      Will you not praise Him?

      http://bibleverseofthedaybypastorbayo.blogspot.com/ for daily edifying Bible
      verses.