WAIT PATIENTLY FOR THE LORD

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 30, 2011
      WAIT PATIENTLY FOR THE LORD
      �I waited patiently for the LORD; he turned to me and heard my cry� (Psalm
      40:1 NIV).
      After God rejected Saul as king of Israel and sent Samuel to anoint David as
      the next king (1 Samuel 15-16), David faced a lot of hostilities and
      troubles even from his brothers. He became a fugitive in his own country. He
      had to relocate his parents to a foreign country for safety (see 1 Samuel
      22:3-4). He twice sought refuge with the enemies of his nation (see 1 Samuel
      21:10-15; 27:1-12). In spite of all his predicaments, he patiently waited
      for the LORD, even after the death of Saul. The LORD did not let him down.
      He turned to him and lifted him out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and
      mire. The LORD set his feet on a rock and gave him a firm place to stand in
      Israel and among other nations. The LORD put a new song in his mouth, a hymn
      of praise. Many indeed saw these and feared and put their trust in the LORD
      during the lifetime of David. No wonder, David could write Psalm 40 to
      testify to the goodness of God.
      Life is full of ups and downs. Every person has his/her own dilemma to
      confront. However, only those who patiently wait for the LORD will
      successfully overcome these dilemmas and sing song of praises like David.
      They are the ones that �will find their strength renewed. They will rise on
      wings like eagles; they will run and not get weary; they will walk and not
      grow weak� (Isaiah 40:31 TEV).
      What are you facing presently? Wait patiently for the LORD! He will bring
      you out of the predicament. He will lift you up out of the mud of life. He
      will set your feet on a rock and gave him a firm place to stand among your
      contemporaries. He will put a new song in your mouth, a hymn of praise to
      His holy name. Many people will indeed see it and praise God with you. They
      will fear and trust God for what He will do in your life.
      �Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the LORD delivers him out of
      them all� (Psalm 34:19 NKJV).
      Wait patiently for the LORD!

      http://bibleverseofthedaybypastorbayo.blogspot.com/ for daily edifying Bible
      verses.