TO GOD BE THE GLORY

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 9 12:02 PM
      TO GOD BE THE GLORY
      �To the only wise God be glory for ever through Jesus Christ! Amen� (Romans
      16:27 NIV).
      The hymn �To God Be the Glory� is well-recognized as a wonderful hymn of
      praise and adoration of God. It was composed by that famous hymn composer,
      Fanny Jane Crosby (1820-1915). The hymn is sung mostly in the atmosphere of
      praises, but its content is more than praises. It speaks volumes about the
      grace of God. From the beginning, it is clear that Fanny Crosby ascribed all
      glory to God for His work with no role for man�s efforts in God�s great plan
      of salvation. In the first stanza, it is Jesus alone who opens the �the
      lifegate� of salvation, so that everyone has the opportunity to be saved.
      This is a clear message of grace, in contrast to the idea that man must
      prove his worth before eternal life is granted. In the second stanza, Crosby
      set forth the conditions for entrance through this gate: faith, and faith
      alone. She rightly noted that redemption is promised to "every believer"
      (see John 3:16), and that regardless of the enormity of one�s sins, even
      "the vilest offender" who puts his or her faith in Christ, for example the
      criminal crucified with Christ (Luke 23:43) or Saul of Tarsus (1 Timothy
      1:15), will immediately receive pardon from Jesus. The third stanza and
      chorus continue to bring this point of grace home, proclaiming that it is
      God who has done great things, and the One to whom praise and adoration
      belong.
      It is good to sing this song whenever we want to praise God for any material
      thing He has done. However, it is far better to think of the spiritual
      things He has done (that is, the giving of His Son, the forgiveness of our
      sins, the atonement for our sins, our redemption) and what He will do: �our
      wonder, our transport, when Jesus we see!�
      The hymn �To God Be the Glory� is a marvelous expression of praise to God
      for His wondrous works. However, have you experienced the outcome of these
      works: the salvation that is provided as a gift from God to everyone who
      places his or her faith in Christ, regardless of his or her sins before or
      after conversion? It is then you can join Crosby to sing, �Praise the Lord,
      praise the Lord, Let the earth hear His voice! Praise the Lord, praise the
      Lord, Let the people rejoice! O come to the Father, through Jesus the Son,
      And give Him the glory, great things He hath done!�

      http://bibleverseofthedaybypastorbayo.blogspot.com/ for daily edifying Bible
      verses.