A FRIEND IN NEED...

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 11, 2011
      A FRIEND IN NEED...
      �And Jonathan made a covenant with David because he loved him as himself� (1
      Samuel 18:3 NIV).
      Jonathan, the son of King Saul, and David were epitome of good friends.
      Jonathan was heir apparent to the throne, but he loved David (who was a
      threat to that throne) as he loved himself and he made a covenant with him.
      In fact, he was ready to risk his life for the safety of David when King
      Saul was trying to kill David (see 1 Samuel 21). Jonathan was there when
      David needed him. He was a friend indeed because he was a friend in need.
      When David eventually became the king of Israel after the death of Saul,
      Jonathan and Ish-bosheth (who succeeded Saul), David remembered his
      friendship with Jonathan and rewarded Jonathan�s son accordingly (2 Samuel
      9).
      Nowadays, it is difficult to find people that are faithful in friendship
      like David and Jonathan. People are more self-centred nowadays that they
      cannot risk their lives for their friends. It is now difficult to trust
      even friends because of the betrayal of trust that many people have
      experienced from their trusted friends.
      Who is your best friend? How faithful are you to him/her? Are you ready to
      risk your life for him/her? Can your friend wholeheartedly trust you? Can
      you be �a friend who sticks closer than a brother� (Proverbs 18:24 NIV)? A
      friend in need is a friend indeed!
      Jesus Christ is the Friend who can be trusted and who is faithful to anyone
      who can make Him his/her friend. When we needed salvation from sin, He died
      for us (see Romans 5:5, 8). He is ready to provide joy and peace of mind to
      anyone who seeks Him diligently. Make Him your Friend. You will never regret
      you did. He is the Friend in need, the Friend indeed.

      http://bibleverseofthedaybypastorbayo.blogspot.com/ for daily edifying Bible
      verses.