DO YOU HAVE A STORY?

    Message 1 of 1 , May 30, 2011
      DO YOU HAVE A STORY?
      “Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. But he
      said to me, ‘My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made
      perfect in weakness.’ Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about
      my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me” (2 Corinthians
      12:8-9 NIV).
      Fanny Crosby was undoubtedly one of the most prolific Christian hymn
      writers in history. She had many popular inspiring hymns to her
      credit. Interestingly, she was blind for the most part of her life! In
      spite of her physical disability, she had a story to tell. She told
      the story in one of her popular hymns, “Blessed assurance, Jesus is
      mine!” that she composed to a tune played by her dear friend, Phoebe
      Knapp.
      To Fanny Crosby, Jesus Christ was a blessed assurance because she has
      the foretaste of glory divine! She knew that she was an heir of
      salvation, purchase of God, born of His Spirit, and washed in His
      blood. She perfectly submitted to the will of God for her life and she
      had perfect delight in it. In spite of her blindness, she had the
      visions of rapture that burst on her sight. In these visions, she saw
      angels descending and bringing echoes of mercy and whispers of love
      from above. In her perfect submission, she was at rest in all things.
      She was happy and blessed in her Saviour. She was filled with the
      Saviour’s goodness and lost in His love as she was watching and
      waiting, looking above to her Saviour. It was indeed her story and it
      turned out to become her song and the song of thousands of people who
      believed, and are still believing, this blessed assurance in Jesus
      Christ.
      Fanny Crosby had a story. What is your story? In spite of what you are
      passing through presently, can you sing joyfully like this woman? She
      like Apostle Paul could boast in her weakness because she knew that
      God’s grace was sufficient for her and His power was made perfect in
      her weakness. Both of them could boast in their disabilities because
      they did not focus on their respective weaknesses, but on God who is
      greater than any disability or weakness.
      “This is my story, this is my song, Praising my Savior, all the day
      long; This is my story, this is my song, Praising my Savior, all the
      day long.” Do you have a story?