DOING THE IMPOSSIBLE (Part 3)

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 12, 2011
      Dearly Beloved,
      DOING THE IMPOSSIBLE (Part 3)
      “Immediately Jesus reached out his hand and caught him. ‘You of little
      faith,’ he said, ‘why did you doubt?’” (Matthew 14:31 NIV).
      The first two parts of this message highlighted some of the things
      that Simon Peter did to do the impossible by walking on the water: he
      recognized the Lordship of Jesus; he took the initiative of asking to
      walk on water; he was ready to leave his comfort zone (that is, the
      comfort of the boat); he moved toward Jesus; he was tested; and he
      called on the Lord. This concluding part is more or less what Jesus
      Christ did in response to Peter’s action.
      Anyone that will do the impossible will certainly experience Jesus’
      faithfulness (verse 31). Peter had been doing extraordinarily well
      before he did the wrong thing by shifting his attention from Jesus,
      and he saw the repercussion. Nonetheless, he retraced his steps by
      calling on Jesus for help. The interesting thing here is that Jesus
      was ready to help Peter, and He did help him. In spite of Peter’s
      seeming unfaithfulness and little faith, Jesus remained faithful.
      Apostle Paul confirmed this: “Here is a trustworthy saying: ...if we
      are faithless, he will remain faithful, for he cannot disown himself”
      (2 Timothy 2:11, 13 NIV. See also Lamentations 3:22-23).
      Anyone that will do the impossible will learn something from Jesus
      (verse 31). Take a closer look at this verse: was Jesus’ comment here
      a rebuke or commendation? If it was a rebuke, why did Jesus rebuke
      Peter and not the other disciples? However, to me, it was both a
      commendation and a rebuke. At least, Peter had little faith while the
      other disciples did not have any. One does not need a giant faith to
      move mountains. Hear Jesus: “I say to you, if you have faith as a
      mustard seed [a very small seed], you will say to this mountain, ‘Move
      from here to there,’ and it will move; and nothing will be impossible
      for you” (Matthew 17:20 NKJV). Jesus expects us to take that little
      step even if we will stumble in it. A crawling child is not afraid
      that he will stumble as he takes his steps. Though, he falls, he tries
      again. Jesus rebuked Peter not for taking steps of faith, but for
      doubting in the process. If you will do the impossible, do not doubt
      that God can do the impossible through and in you. The other disciples
      that were in the comfort of the boat were neither rebuked nor
      commended.
      Lastly, anyone that will do the impossible will indeed experience that
      God does the impossible if he is ready to do all the highlighted
      things that Peter did. Peter wanted to do the impossible, he did some
      things, and he experienced the God that is above all the impossible in
      his life. Do you also want to experience this God? Then dare to do the
      impossible by doing like Peter. You will indeed do the impossible of
      walking on the trouble waters of your life in Jesus’ name. Amen.
      1. If you miss any part of this message or you want me to send the
      whole message to you, contact me at <spiritualdigest@...> or
      <spiritualdigest@...>. God bless you!
      2. It is no longer news that I published a book titled "Ministering
      through the Internet: An Essential Guide" in 2009. People have been
      asking me how to get copies of the book. Visit this weblink
      http://ministeringthroughtheinternet.blogspot.com/2009/08/how-to-get-copies-of-book_31.html
      to get info on to get copies of the book and more info about the book.
      Thanks.