DOING THE IMPOSSIBLE

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 27, 2011
      DOING THE IMPOSSIBLE
      “‘Come,’ [Jesus] said. Then Peter got down out of the boat, walked on
      the water and came towards Jesus” (Matthew 14:29 NIV).
      Miracles are extraordinary events manifesting divine intervention in
      human affairs. They are what we consider impossible. Most of the
      miracles are God’s clever responses to impossible situations. It is a
      fact that God will not come down from heaven to do any miracle. He
      uses people. At times, the people that He uses are the very ones that
      the miracles will happen in their lives. This was what happened in the
      narrative that was found in Matthew 14:25-33. Two people (Jesus and
      Peter) did something that is impossible: walking on water. One may not
      be surprised that Jesus walked on water. After all, He is the Lord
      over everything. However, for Peter, an ordinary man, to do the
      impossible by walking on water he had to do some things that are
      worthy of note.
      The first thing that Peter did was that he recognized the Lordship of
      Jesus (verses 25-28a). Earlier, when the other disciples with Peter
      saw Jesus Christ walking on turbulent water at night, they thought
      that Jesus was a “ghost.” Jesus had to reassure them that it was He.
      Peter later addressed Jesus as “Lord.” Many people also do not
      recognize Jesus as the Lord because of the circumstances around them.
      The second thing that Peter did was that he took initiative (verse
      28b). He saw Jesus doing the impossible, and he took the initiative of
      asking Jesus to ask him also to do the same thing. Our heavenly Father
      knows what we need, but He wants us to take the initiative of asking
      Him for them (see Matthew 6:8). No wonder, Jesus asked Peter to come
      to Him after Peter had taken the initiative.
      The third thing that Peter did was that he was ready to leave his
      comfort zone (that is, the comfort of the boat) (verse 29a). In spite
      of the fact that the boat was been buffeted by the waves, it was safer
      to be in the boat than to be out of the boat on the water.
      Psychologically, leaving the other disciples behind in the boat would
      have been a problem for Peter, but he did not consider that. Anyone
      that will do the impossible will be ready to leave his/her comfort
      zone regardless of anything that might cost him/her. Such a person
      will not be satisfied with the average situation he/she finds
      him/herself.
      Are you ready to do the impossible of walking on the trouble water of
      your life? Then be ready to do these three highlighted things. More of
      what Peter did to do the impossible will be highlighted next week.

      inspiring quotes from the Holy Bible and other notable Christians.
      God bless you!

      I eagerly expect and hope that I will in no way be ashamed, but will
      AND TO DIE IS GAIN (Philippians 1:20-21, NIV).