LOVE LIFTED ME!

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 12, 2011
      LOVE LIFTED ME!
      �You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died
      for the ungodly. Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous man, though for
      a good man someone might possibly dare to die. But God demonstrates his own
      love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us�
      (Romans 5:6-8 NIV).
      Apparently, the composer of the popular hymn, �Love Lifted Me,� James Rowe,
      based the lyrics of the hymn on the incident found in Matthew 14:22-32 when
      Jesus Christ, out of love, lifted Peter who was sinking in the sea as he was
      walking on the sea towards Jesus Christ. However, a closer look at the
      lyrics of the hymn will make one to discover a deeper meaning based on
      Romans 5:6-8. Because of the sin of Adam, mankind was made sinners and
      condemned before God (Romans 5:16-19). Even, for people that do not believe
      in the doctrine of the original sin, men were, and are still, sinking in
      their own sins. Some of them have tried many means to do away with sins and
      pacify God, but none of their own efforts can reconcile them back to God. It
      was at this point that God demonstrated His love for the mankind and sent
      His only begotten Son, Jesus Christ, to die for us and save us from the
      penalty of sin.
      Apart from the sea of sin that all mankind has been sunk, many people are
      deep in the sea of difficulties of life. They have tried all their possible
      best with little or no success. God is waiting for such people to call unto
      Him to lift them with His love. He declared, �Call upon me in the day of
      trouble; I will deliver you, and you will honour me� (Psalm 50:15 NIV).
      �When nothing else could help, Love lifted me!�
      Just as Jesus physically stretched out His hand to lift sinking Peter out of
      the sea, so also today He is stretching out His hands in love to lift anyone
      who can call on Him and be rescued from any peril, especially the penalty of
      sin. This Valentine season, utilize this divine love of Christ. Call unto
      Him and let Him lavish His love on you. �Souls in danger look above, Jesus
      completely saves, He will lift you by His love, out of the angry waves.�
      Likewise, who can you lift up in love this Valentine season?

      inspiring quotes from the Holy Bible and other notable Christians.