    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 16 4:55 AM

      "Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble
      in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy
      and my burden is light" (Matthew 11:29-30, NIV).

      A Bible commentator defined a yoke as "a bar or frame of wood by which
      two draft animals, especially oxen, are joined at the necks or heads
      for working together, for drawing a load or pulling a plow." It is a
      primitive tool used mostly by farmers. It takes two animals for a yoke
      to be effective. No animal can work effectively without a yoke.

      A yoke has been used figuratively to mean many other things. Mostly,
      people have been using it to mean suffering or affliction. Therefore,
      to hear anything like taking or having a yoke connotes a bad feeling.
      In fact, a yoke speaks some hardship. However, Jesus Christ enjoins us
      to take His yoke! (Matthew 11:29-30). What is His yoke? What does it
      mean to take it?

      To take the yoke of Jesus Christ upon us means to put ourselves into
      the relation of servants and subjects to Him. It means to conduct
      ourselves accordingly, in a careful obedience to all His commands, and
      a cheerful submission to all His disposals. It is to yield ourselves
      totally to Him. He has appointed this yoke. He has Himself drawn in it
      before us, for He learned obedience. He wants anyone that will take
      His yoke to also learn some characters from Him. These characters
      include humility, gentility, diligence, submission, patience and other
      Christ-like attributes. In spite of its seeming hardship, the yoke of
      Jesus Christ is easier and lighter than any other yoke. No wonder,
      anyone who takes it finds rest in Him.

      People are taking many yokes today. No one is exempted. What kind of
      or whose yoke are you taking? Are you yoked with people, belief,
      value, or situation that are heavier than you? Yield to the advice of
      Jesus Christ. Take His yoke. Commit yourself to Him. His yoke is easy
      and light. Learn from Him and find rest for your soul.

      If you are on Skype, follow this link to join me there: