CHRISTIANS FOR NOBLE PURPOSE

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 6, 2008

      CHRISTIANS FOR NOBLE PURPOSE

      "In a large house there are articles not only of gold and silver, but
      also of wood and clay; some are for noble purposes and some for
      ignoble. If a man cleanses himself from the latter, he will be an
      instrument for noble purposes, made holy, useful to the Master and
      prepared to do any good work" (2 Timothy 2:20-21).

      In the above passage, the Christendom is likened to a large house, and
      the individual Christians to vessels or instruments in the house. Some
      of these vessels are for noble purpose (or unto honour) while some are
      for ignoble purpose (or unto dishonour). What will make Christians be
      for noble purpose?

      Only those who cleanse themselves continually from the entanglement of
      the world, confess their sins, and are ready to forsake them will be
      instruments for noble purpose. How can one do this? The Psalmist
      answered, "…by living according to [God's] word" (Psalm 119: 9, cf.
      verses 94-105). The confession referred to here is not mere
      confession, but "…godly sorrow [that] brings repentance that leads to
      salvation…" (2 Corinthians 7: 9-10).

      Simply, to make holy is to set apart for a special purpose, to
      dedicate, to consecrate, or to sanctify such a thing. That is what a
      Christian that wants to be for noble purpose should be. He should be a
      set-apart, consecrated, dedicated and sanctified person. God does this
      setting apart only when we have cleansed ourselves. This is a complex
      study that demands a lot of time to explain and comprehend (Titus 2:
      13-14; Hebrews 10: 10; 1 Peter 1:15-16; Ephesians 4:24).

      The usefulness of a Christian that want to be for noble purpose will
      be only to God in the sense that everything he is doing will be for
      God and for His glory (Colossians 3: 23; 1 Corinthians 10: 31). He
      will not want to be useful because of any other purpose either
      personal or whatever. It is noteworthy to see the word that Paul used
      for God in this verse (i.e. 2 Timothy 2: 21) – Master. Until we see
      God as our Master in the real sense of it, we cannot be useful unto
      Him, and we cannot be for noble purpose for Him. Many people want to
      be useful for God, but at their own leisure.

      The Christian should also be ready to work. Working cannot make one to
      be a Christian, but we are saved to work. Take note that it is not
      just work, but ANY GOOD work. These works are "… works of service, so
      that the body of Christ may be built up" (Ephesians 4:12). The
      preparation will be "… in season and out of season" (2 Timothy 4:2).

      Are you for noble purpose, or you are just there in the household of
      God? Follow these four essentials of becoming honourable vessel unto
      God, and you will be a Christian for noble purpose for Him.

      This is to inform you that the guest book of the new website of this
      online ministry is now fully activated. Visit it
      (http://www.thewordthruthenet.org/guestbook/index.php) and register
      your presence. God bless you!