IT IS KEPT FOR YOU

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 31 12:57 AM

      IT IS KEPT FOR YOU

      "Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his
      great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the
      resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, and into an inheritance
      that can never perish, spoil or fade — kept in heaven for you" (1
      Peter 1:3-4, NIV).

      There is a tradition that some Christian parents do when they give
      birth to a baby – buying a new Bible as the first gift for the baby.
      This gift may be presented publicly during the naming ceremony or
      during the dedication of the baby. I observed this tradition for my
      two children and kept the copies of the Bible on my bookshelves in my
      study. My intention was to present the copies of the Bible to the
      children when they are fully grown up. Recently, a mild drama took
      place in my study as I was looking for some books on my bookshelves.
      My eight-year-old son was with me looking at the books on the shelves.
      He called my attention to a particular book. When I looked at the
      book, it turned out to be the particular Bible I had bought for him
      eight years ago. I asked him if he likes it, he said yes. Then I asked
      him to open the title page and read the autograph there. He was
      surprised to discover that that Bible is a present to him right from
      the day of his naming ceremony. He just prostrated in appreciation of
      the hidden treasure.

      Do you know that God has some hidden treasures for you also? Some of
      these hidden treasures will be revealed unto us on earth, some of them
      will be revealed in heaven. Peter talked about "an inheritance" that
      has been stored for the regenerated ones in heaven. This inheritance
      "can never perish, spoil or fade." It is apart from the living hope
      that we have through the resurrection of Jesus Christ. No matter what
      happens on earth, a true Christian has that hope of legacy stored for
      him/her in heaven. Nevertheless, it not only in heaven that he/she
      would enjoy such legacy. Even here on earth, he/she has many things
      that a non-Christian cannot boast of. He/she has the grace, mercy,
      peace and love of God in abundance. These qualities surpass all human
      understanding. In fact, the Christian is richly blessed in the Lord!

      What is your heart desire? What are you aspiring to be? The Lord has
      in store for you both on earth and in heaven more than what you can
      imagine. It is kept for you for the appointed time. Surrender your
      total life to Him. Trust in Him. He will soon surprise you!