WOULD YOU BE PART OF THE LIST?

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 26 9:30 PM

      WOULD YOU BE PART OF THE LIST?

      "So we rebuilt the wall till all of it reached half its height, for
      the people worked with all their heart" (Nehemiah 4:6, NIV).

      Many books and articles have been written on the man Nehemiah who led
      his people to rebuild the wall of Jerusalem. It is a pity that little
      or nothing has been said about the people that worked with him to
      successfully complete the rebuilding of the wall in just fifty-two
      days in spite of the intense opposition they faced in course of the
      project. Nevertheless, the chronicler of the book of Nehemiah devoted
      a whole chapter for the list of people that predominantly worked with
      Nehemiah, and the specific things that they did (see Nehemiah 3).
      These people were mentioned by name one after the other.

      Often, what most of us are doing is unnoticed, and we think that it is
      not significant. Some people have even withdrawn from making their
      little contribution to the advancement of the kingdom of God on earth
      and other good causes because they thought that they are not important
      and their contribution is not significant since it is not noticed and
      rewarded immediately. However, do you know that God is also taking
      note of what each of us is doing? Do you know that He is making a list
      of each of the people that contribute to the advancement of His
      kingdom? Paul said, "Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm. Let
      nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the
      Lord, because you know that your labour in the Lord is not in vain" (1
      Corinthians 15:58, NIV). Also he said in another place, "Let us not
      become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a
      harvest if we do not give up" (Galatians 6:9, NIV).

      Would you be part of the list of people that contribute to the success
      of a good cause? Determine to make your little contribution even if it
      will be unnoticed. God knows how He rewards every good act in His own
      way and in own time.