    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 28, 2008

      "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me? Why are you so far from
      saving me, so far from the words of my groaning? O my God, I cry out
      by day, but you do not answer, by night, and am not silent. Yet you
      are enthroned as the Holy One; you are the praise of Israel. In you
      our fathers put their trust; they trusted and you delivered them. They
      cried to you and were saved; in you they trusted and were not
      disappointed" (Psalm 22:1-5, NIV).

      The story of Louisa M. R. Stead (1850–1917) touched my heart the day I
      read it. She was relaxing with her husband and their four-year-old
      daughter on beach when they heard a desperate boy's cry. The boy was
      drowning, and Louisa's husband tried to rescue him. In the process,
      however, the boy pulled Mr. Stead under the water, and both drowned as
      Louisa and her daughter watched. Louisa Stead was left with no means
      of support except the Lord. She and her daughter experienced dire
      poverty. One morning, when she had neither funds nor food for the day,
      she opened the front door and found that someone had left food and
      money on her doorstep. That day she wrote the hymn, "TIS SO SWEET TO

      Many people, including me, have trusted Jesus Christ in the time of
      needs, and He has proved Himself by miraculously meeting the needs. He
      never disappoints those who genuinely trust in Him. In spite of his
      predicament, the psalmist in Psalm 22 recounted how God has saved
      those that trusted in Him. No wonder, Louisa Stead could write,
      "Jesus, Jesus, how I trust Him; how I've proved Him o'er and o'er!
      Jesus, Jesus, precious Jesus! O for grace to trust Him more."

      Total trust in Jesus Christ will lead to the Lord's unfailing love
      (Psalm 32:10), perfect peace (Isaiah 26:3), blessings (Isaiah 57:13),
      happiness (Proverbs 16:20), joy in the Lord (Psalm 5:11; 33:21),
      fulfilment of godly desires (Psalm 37:5), deliverance from enemies
      (Psalm 37:40), safety in times of danger (Proverbs 30:25), stability
      (Psalm 125:1), prosperity (Proverbs 28:25), etc.

      What is your own predicament? Does it seem that God has forsaken you?
      Have you put your total trust in Jesus Christ? He will meet you at the
      point of your need. Trust Him! You also will sing like Louisa Stead,