YOU WILL SOON PRAISE GOD

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 22, 2008

      YOU WILL SOON PRAISE GOD

      "Praise our God, O peoples, let the sound of his praise be heard; he
      has preserved our lives and kept our feet from slipping. For you, O
      God, tested us; you refined us like silver. You brought us into prison
      and laid burdens on our backs. You let men ride over our heads; we
      went through fire and water, but you brought us to a place of
      abundance" (Psalm 66:8-12, NIV).

      Psalm 66 is one of the thanksgiving psalms. It is a call to praise God
      for His awesomeness, power, glory, wonderful deeds, sovereignty, and
      guidance over His people. However, the psalmist gave another reason
      for praising Him: He brought out His people out of difficulty. In
      doing this, He tested them; He make them pass through fire of life (as
      a raw silver or gold would) so that they would be refined; He made
      them suffered many hardship; He even allowed people to maltreat them.
      Nevertheless, at the end, He brought them to a place of abundance.
      Indeed, He is to be praised!

      God is dealing with His people the same way today. He tests them. He
      allows them to pass through many difficulties of life. At times, He
      allows people to maltreat them. However, in all these, He is with
      them. He promised, "When you pass through the waters, I will be with
      you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over
      you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the
      flames will not set you ablaze" (Isaiah 43:2, NIV. See also Psalm
      23:4; 46:4-7; 91:15; Isaiah 41:10). He will soon make them overcome
      all these difficulties, and they will praise Him.

      What are you passing through now? What is your own test of faith? Are
      you been maltreated presently? Are you in "the valley of the shadow of
      death" right now? Do not be dismayed! It is for a time. You are just
      passing through it. The Lord is with you. He will bring you out of it,
      and make you more refined and purer than gold. You will soon praise
      Him!