HOW RESPONSIBLE ARE YOU?

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 14, 2008

      HOW RESPONSIBLE ARE YOU?

      "If anyone does not provide for his relatives, and especially for his
      immediate family, he has denied the faith and is worse than an
      unbeliever" (1 Timothy 5:8, NIV).

      In many part of the world, this day June 15, 2008 is Fathers' Day
      celebration for this year. While I congratulate all fathers throughout
      the world, I want to ask each one of us that is a father how
      responsible we are as fathers.

      Modern civilization has made many fathers to shun their
      responsibilities as fathers. Some of such fathers want to have
      children, but they are not ready to play the fatherly roles in the
      lives of the children. Some of them do not have the time for their
      children. The children cannot feel the impacts of such fathers in
      their lives. Some of such fathers do not want children, but they do
      not care impregnating careless women. Infidelity to marriage vows in
      the lives many fathers has been another cause of this. Misplaced
      priorities may cause this also. Whatever the cause may be, are you as
      a father responsible?

      The Bible is full of how a father can be responsible and take care of
      his children. He is to instruct them (Proverbs 1:8; 22:6). He is to
      command them (Proverbs 6:20). He is to guide, encourage, and warn them
      (Jeremiah 3:4; 1 Thessalonians 2:11). He is to restrain them in doing
      nefarious things (1 Samuel 3:13). He is to punish them (Deuteronomy
      21:18; Proverbs 23:13-14; 29:17; Hebrews 12:9-11). He is to be
      considerate of their needs and requests (Matthew 7:10). He should not
      provoke them, but instead bring them up in God's way (Ephesians 6:4).
      He is to provide for their needs (1 Timothy 5:8).

      How responsible are you as a father? Do you care for your children?
      Are they feeling your fatherly impacts in their lives? An earthly
      father is the best representation of our heavenly Father. How are you
      representing God in the lives of your children? Happy Fathers' Day!

      In His service,

      Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor)

      Prayer Point:
      While I dedicate this message to responsible fathers worldwide, pray
      that as God remembered Abraham, Manoah, and Zechariah in the Bible, He
      will remember the waiting fathers who long to express their fatherly
      responsibilities to their own children also.

      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 16, 2012
        *Dearly Beloved,*

        *HOW RESPONSIBLE ARE YOU?*

        *"If anyone does not provide for his relatives, and especially for his
        immediate family, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever"
        (1 Timothy 5:8 NIV).*

        *In many part of the world, the Fathers' Day celebration for this year will
        be celebrated this week. While I congratulate all fathers throughout the
[...]

        * *

        *NB*

        *This message was first sent out on June 15, 2008. I am sending it again to
        commemorate this year's Father's Day and give people that have interest in
        getting its elaborate version on request. Just write me through
        spiritualdigest@.... God bless you!*