A CARING MOTHER

    Message 1 of 1 , May 10, 2008

      A CARING MOTHER

      "How hard it is to find a capable wife! She is worth far more than
      jewels! ... Give her credit for all she does. She deserves the respect
      of everyone" (Proverbs 31:10, 31, TEV).

      The writer of Proverbs 31:10-31 described a noble and virtuous wife,
      and by inference a noble and virtuous mother, in a graphic way. She is
      someone who her husband can trust. She is a source of encouragement to
      him. She is diligent in her work. She is creative. She is generous.
      She is gentle and wise. Above all, she is caring. No wonder the writer
      of the passage ended his description with a call to give such woman
      respect.

      My mother first demonstrated the attribute of a caring mother to me.
      Even after I become a married man, she is still demonstrating that
      attribute to me. However, my wife's caring attribute as a mother
      surpasses that of my mother. I always admire and appreciate her (my
      wife's) motherly care for my children and even me. Recently, she
      demonstrated that motherly caring attribute in an extraordinary way
      when one of our local hens died mysteriously leaving behind four young
      chicks. I was indifferent to the fate of the motherless chicks, but my
      wife thought of ways to nurture them. She did care for them and they
      are doing fine everyday. Such action to ordinary chicks may not be
      significant, but it shows how real mothers care for their children and
      others around them.

      By nature, women are generally loving and caring. However, some of
      them are extraordinary with the qualities. Such women really care for
      their husband and children and any other person or thing around them.
      Nevertheless, there are women who do not care about their children not
      to talk of caring about their husbands. There are women who care less
      about their children and care more about themselves and things of this
      world. There are women who even do not care about anybody including
      themselves!

      Are you a caring mother? Can your husband and children praise you for
      being so caring? Care more for your children and your husband. The
      Lord will reward you greatly for it in Jesus' name. Amen. Happy
      Mothers' Day!

      Prayer Request:
      While I dedicate this message to caring mothers worldwide, pray that
      as God remembered Sarah, Hannah, and Elizabeth in the Bible, He will
      remember the waiting mothers who long to express the caring and loving
      attributes to their own children also.