Living Life God's Way 5/5/2009; Be Persistent

    Message 1 of 1 , May 4, 2008

      The golden rule for understanding in spiritual matters
      is not intellect, but obedience.
      Oswald Chambers

      So I say to you, ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will
      find;
      knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives,
      and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened.
      Luke 11:5-6

      There have been times in my life when God seems very distant, a;most as
      if He is unconcerned with the issues I am facing. Of course, it is not
      true because His word tells me different from what I am feeling. It is
      during these seemingly, lonely times that I must immerse myself in His
      word, reminding myself of His promises, and remembering His faithfulness
      to me in the past. God is not ignoring me, nor is He being unkind. He is
      taking me in a direction I may not understand now and as I persist in
      knocking, the door will eventually open the yes of my understanding and
      I will clearly see the purpose in what He has permitted.

      Prayer - I have complete confidence in You Lord, I trust in Your word,
      and I know You are faithful. I will continue to hold on to what I know
      is true, that You love me unconditionally, and all that concerns me,
      does concern You. I will persist in knocking, through Your silence,
      until the door is opened and I can see and understand the reasons for
      the way in which You have taken me. Amen
      God Today Devotions; 1/5/2006
      in the subject line
      Comments or questions; send email to rossboss@...