"THROW IT DOWN!"

    Message 1 of 1 , May 3, 2008

      "THROW IT DOWN!"

      "Then the LORD said to him, 'What is that in your hand?' 'A staff,' he
      replied. The LORD said, 'Throw it on the ground.' Moses threw it on
      the ground and it became a snake, and he ran from it" (Exodus 4:2-3,
      NIV).

      God gives us wisdom, knowledge, understanding, affluence, fame,
      beauty, and even things that we consider less significant for a
      definite purpose.

      By circumstance, Moses became a shepherd in Midian. Then, his staff
      was an instrument in taking care of the animals. It became an
      extraordinary instrument, not of taking care of sxeep, but of leading
      God's people, the Israelites. How? He surrendered it to God.

      The story of the feeding of five thousand people in John 6 showed how
      a little boy surrendered his lunch to be used by God. His little lunch
      became a source of nourishment to over five thousand people. Likewise,
      Simon Peter and his fellow-fishermen surrendered their large catch
      (Luke 5). Today, they are referent point for Christian missionaries.
      Abraham sacrificed his only son, Isaac to the Lord (Genesis 22). God
      returned the son and made him a father of many nations. Today, the
      Jews, the Muslims as well as the Christians honor him. The list is
      endless.

      Think about Jesus Christ. He laid down His life for the salvation of
      humanity (see John 10:17-19; Titus 2:13-14). For this reason, He was
      made the Lord of all and been crowned with glory and honor "that at
      the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and
      under the earth" (Philippians 2:6-10, NIV. See also Acts 2:32-35 and
      Hebrews 2:9).

      What do you have that you are withholding from God? Is it money, time,
      experience, knowledge, wisdom, or even your life? One of the
      unchanging conditions for productive leadership is humble submission.
      God wants you to "throw it down!" Surrender it to Him and see what He
      will use out of it.

      "For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses
      his life for me and for the gospel will save it. What good is it for a
      man to gain the whole world, yet forfeit his soul? Or what can a man
      give in exchange for his soul?" (Mark 8:35-37, NIV).