DO NOT DOUBT GOD!

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 9, 2008

      DO NOT DOUBT GOD!

      "But Moses said, 'Here I am among six hundred thousand men on foot,
      and you say, "I will give them meat to eat for a whole month!" Would
      they have enough if flocks and herds were slaughtered for them? Would
      they have enough if all the fish in the sea were caught for them?' The
      LORD answered Moses, 'Is the LORD's arm too short? You will now see
      whether or not what I say will come true for you'" (Numbers 11:21-23,
      NIV).

      Moses was in a critical situation as he was leading the people of
      Israel to the Promised Land. In spite of the miraculous manna, the
      people were craving for other foods that they used to eat when they
      were in bondage in Egypt. Moses was overwhelmed with this request that
      he even asked God to put him to death! (see Numbers 11:15).
      Nevertheless, the Lord was ready to do two things for Moses: one, to
      consecrate other people that would bear the burden of the people of
      Israel with him; and two, to provide meat that the whole people would
      eat for a whole month. Moses did not have any problem with the first
      solution, but he could not believe the second one. He expressed his
      disbelief instantly. However, God asked Moses one of the reassuring
      questions about His power: "Is the LORD's arm too short?" (verse 23,
      NIV. See similar questions in Genesis 18:14; Isaiah 50:2; 59:1; Micah
      2:7; Zechariah 8:6). God eventually did what He promised despite the
      doubt of Moses (see Numbers 11:31, 32).

      I wonder why Moses could doubt the words of God after God had
      demonstrated Himself to him and the people of Israel on many
      occasions. But that is how we also doubt God many times. We are too
      overwhelmed by our situation that we do not remember that the power of
      God is higher and greater than our situation. We are too
      problem-conscious and relegate God to the background. Even when He is
      reassuring us of His presence and power to deliver us from our
      precarious situation, we tend to doubt Him.

      What is your present situation? Are you too overwhelmed with the
      situation that you have lost all hope? Do you belief that God is
      greater than that situation and that He can rescue you from it? Do not
      doubt God! If you believe, you would see the glory of God (cf. John
      11:40).