WHAT DO YOU SEE? (Anniversary Message)

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 16, 2008
      My Internet ministry tagged "Spiritual Digest" is exactly five years
      old on Monday February 18, 2008. This is the ministry where God is
      using me as a channel of His blessings to thousands of people through
      the Internet. The ministry started on February 18, 2003 when I sent
      the first message by email to 47 people. Within these five years, I
      have consistently sent the weekly messages to tens of thousands of
      people both in English and Esperanto languages. You also joined people
      that receive from me weekly sometime ago. Glory be to God for His
      efficacious grace on me! To celebrate this fifth anniversary of the
      Internet ministry, let me resend my first message which has remained
      one of the best messages in the ministry to you:

      WHAT DO YOU SEE?
      "We saw the Nephilim there (the descendants of Anak come from the
      Nephilim). We seemed like grasshoppers in our own eyes, and we looked
      the same to them" (Number 13:33, NIV).
      "The land we passed through and explored is exceedingly good…. And do
      not be afraid of the people of the land, because we will swallow them
      up. Their protection is gone, but the LORD is with us. Do not be
      afraid of them" (Numbers 14:7, 9, NIV).
      These were the views of two groups that went to explore the land of
      Canaan. Undoubtedly, the two groups were saying the absolute things
      about what they saw in the land. The former is the carnal sight that
      did not see beyond the ordinary, while the latter is the spiritual
      sight that saw the extraordinary.
      What do see in your situation? Is it the ordinary or the
      extraordinary? If you see only your situation, you are seeing only the
      ordinary, but if you believe, you will see beyond the situation. Jesus
      told Martha, "Did I not tell you that if you believed, you would see
      the glory of God?" (John 11:40, NIV). And Paul testified, "We know
      these things are true by believing, not by seeing [the ordinary]" (2
      Corinthians 5:7, TLB).
      See beyond the ordinary by believing in the Lord that He will help
      you, and He will be glorified in your life.

      I used to shy away from requesting for financial assistance from
      people because I do not want them to see me as doing the ministry
      because of financial or material gain. Some people have indeed wrongly
      accused me so! It is a fact that I need financial assistance as I am
      doing the ministry, but my prayer is that God will touch people's
      hearts to meet me at the point of my financial and material needs. If
      the Lord touches you to be a periodic sponsor of this ministry, you
      may contact me directly at <spiritualdigest@...>.