Living Life God's Way 2/4/2008: God's Grace Is Enough

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 3, 2008

      Do not let your happiness depend on something you may lose....
      only upon the Beloved who will never pass away.
      C. S. Lewis

      What causes fights and quarrels among you?
      Don't they come from your desires that battle within you?
      James 4:1

      We have a tendency to make life much more complicated than
      necessary. The simple pleasures of life are too often replaced, with a
      competition to have bigger and better than our neighbor. We live in an
      age of propaganda. Unfortunately, much of the time we take the bait off
      the hook as it is being fed to us. Life is not about fancy cars, big
      homes, or corporations. It is so much more. We waste so much time
      working and striving for the things that are not real instead of seeking
      the things that are eternal.
      Money is the root of all evil. The money itself is not evil but the
      effect it has on our hearts when we become consumed with it, is. Our
      human nature tends to lean towards envy and strife, but God's grace is
      greater than our human nature. He wants us to enjoy life, an abundant
      life full of joy, peace and love. If we take the bait we won't really
      get our hearts desires at all, we will receive instead, fear, anxiety,
      depression, and strife. It is like a tug of war with our souls, but we
      are the winners because God's grace is bigger than the war that rages
      within our hearts.

      Prayer: I have given you my heart Lord, help me to give you my all. Give
      me the strength to deal with the war within my soul. Your grace is
      greater. Without you my life is without meaning. Let my desires become
      Your desires and fulfill them in my life. I love you, Jesus. Amen.
      God Today Devotions; 5/7/2003

      Subscribe; send email to rossboss@... and put "subscribe" in
      the subject line
      Unsubscribe; send email to rossboss@... and put "unsubscribe"