    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 6, 2008

      "The LORD bless you and keep you; the LORD make his face shine upon
      you and be gracious to you; the LORD turn his face towards you and
      give you peace" (Numbers 6:24-26, NIV).

      Once again happy and prosperous New Year (2008)! As I have pronounced
      the priestly blessings found in Numbers 6:24-26 on you earlier this
      year, let me base my first message of the year on those blessings. God
      specifically ordered Moses to tell the priests to be pronouncing these
      blessings on the people of Israel. These blessings are for us today

      The verb "to bless" is first used in Genesis 1:22 where "God blessed
      [the first created living things] and said, 'Be fruitful and increase
      in number and fill the water in the seas, and let the birds increase
      on the earth'" (NIV). There is a similar blessing in verse 28 where
      God blessed the first man and woman. The idea here is that the
      blessings of God have to do with multiplication of all good things
      from God. They are the act of declaring (or wishing) the favor and
      goodness of God upon others. The blessings are not only the good
      effect of words; they also have the power to bring them to pass. They
      are the blessings of the LORD that bring wealth, and God adds no
      trouble to them (see Proverbs 10:22). Those whom God blesses are
      blessed indeed. His blessings will be yours this year.

      The shining face of God and His graciousness are about His love, mercy
      and goodness. A Bible commentator paraphrased this second part of the
      blessings thus: may God illuminate your heart, giving you the true
      knowledge of yourself, and of your Maker, and may He show you His
      graciousness in pardoning your sins, and supporting your soul. This
      will be your portion in Jesus' name.

      The third part of the blessings is similar to the second part: the
      Lord will turn His face toward us to favor us for good and give us His
      peace and protection.

      The Lord will indeed increase and multiply you this year with His
      goodness and favor. However, the blessings of God are for His children
      and those that are keeping His commandments. You also must be ready to
      do His will this year. Once again, the Lord bless you!

      I had it in mind to resend my previous messages on the blessings of
      God to you for the next few weeks, but I do not want to do that,
      having resent some of my previous messages for some months recently.
      However, if any of you has interest in the compilation of these
      spiritualdigest@..., I will send the compilation to you. God
      bless you!