Living Life God's Way 11/5/2007

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 5, 2007

      Are You Salty?
      by Os Hillman, October 19, 2007

      Everyone will be salted with fire.
      Mark 9:49

      Jesus used parables to communicate principles of the Kingdom of
      God. He said each believer's life should have the same impact on his or
      her world as salt has on food. Salt gives food flavor and brings out the
      best, while at the same time it serves as a preservative.
      What allows a Christian to become salty? Fire. God knows that each
      believer needs a degree of testing by fire in order for Christ's
      fragrance to be manifested. We cannot become salty without this deeper
      work of the Holy Spirit's fire in our lives. Fire purifies all that is
      not of Christ. It takes away all the impurities that prevent His nature
      from being revealed in us.
      In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may
      have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials. These have come so that
      your faith--of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though
      refined by fire--may be proved genuine and may result in praise, glory
      and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed (1 Peter 1:6-7).
      Are you a salty Christian? If not, pray a prayer that the immature
      are unwilling to pray. Pray that God makes you a salty Christian. It
      will result in praise and glory at the throne of God.

      Have you been through the "fire" that rids you of all that is not
      Christ?
      Why not pray that prayer right now, that whatever it takes to make us a
      "Salty"
      Christian, we are ready, willing and able to let God have His way with
      us.
      Let us become someone who brings praise and glory to our
      Glorious God and Savior, Jesus Christ?
      in the subject line
      Comments or questions; send email to rossboss@...