SUCH A TIME AS THIS

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 4, 2007
      SUCH A TIME AS THIS
      "For if you remain silent at this time, relief and deliverance for the
      Jews will arise from another place, but you and your father's family
      will perish. And who knows but that you have come to royal position
      for such a time as this?" (Est. 4:14, NIV)
      She was an orphan brought up by her cousin in the land of captivity.
      She had favor with everyone she came across. She later became the
      queen in that land of captivity. However, in such a time as this, she
      was reluctant to use her position to save her people.
      The woman was Hadassah popularly known as Queen Esther. Mordecai – one
      of the captives of Judah – brought her up. By divine favor, she became
      the queen of King Xerxes of Persia. In obedient to her cousin, she did
      not reveal her identity. A plot was planned to annihilate her people
      the Jews. Mordecai, her cousin came to her for the rescue of the Jews.
      She was reluctant to interfere in this matter because of the protocol
      of the palace. Mordecai then challenged her that she should not think
      that she was saved in the palace for she could not say whether God put
      her in that royal position in such a time as this. Queen Esther
      reacted with one of those remarkable statements in the Bible, "Go,
      gather together all the Jews who are in Susa, and fast for me. Do not
      eat or drink for three days, night or day. I and my maids will fast as
      you do. When this is done, I will go to the king, even though it is
      against the law. AND IF I PERISH, I PERISH" (Est. 4:16, NIV).
      After the fasting (and possibly prayer), Esther wet to the king and
      reported the matter to him. As God would have it, the Jews were
      delivered by the good position of Esther. God placed Esther in that
      royal position in such a time as this so that He would continue His
      redemptive act through the Jewish race.
      God has placed many people in one position or the other for a
      particular purpose. Do you know why you are in the position that you
      are presently? What do God and people around you expect of you in that
      position? Who knows whether you have come to that position for such a
      time as this?