Living Life God's Way 10/29/2007

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 28, 2007

      The Benefits of Obedience
      by Os Hillman, October 17, 2007

      This is what the Lord says-your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel: "I am
      the Lord your God, who teaches you what is best for you, who directs you
      in the way you should go."
      Isaiah 48:17

      My career has been in marketing and advertising. Early on, I
      learned to distinguish the difference between features and benefits.
      Features represent characteristics of a product or service. Benefits are
      those things that directly profit or benefit me by using the product or
      service. For instance, my new computer has incredible speed and lots of
      memory (feature). This allows me to do things more quickly and easily
      (benefit). People are more concerned about the benefits than the
      features.
      God tells us in the above verse that there are some direct benefits
      to the features of His nature. He is a God who is committed to teaching
      His children in the way they should go. What is the real benefit of His
      teaching? He answers this in the next verse. "If only you had paid
      attention to My commands, your peace would have been like a river, your
      righteousness like the waves of the sea" (Is. 48:18).
      The Lord tells us that the benefit of allowing God to teach us and
      lead us in the way is peace and righteousness. Here is a guaranteed
      promise from God. I often use guarantees in my advertising claims. Here
      is God's immutable guarantee: You will have peace like a river and
      righteousness like the waves of the sea! What a great promise!
      Are you trusting God with the very details of your life so that He
      can lead you in the way you should go? Are you allowing Him to teach
      you? Seek the Lord today for what He wants to teach you and allow Him to
      lead you, and you will ensure peace and righteousness in your life.
      in the subject line
      Comments or questions; send email to rossboss@...