Living Life God's Way 10/22/2007

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 22, 2007

      Today
      by Charles Swindoll

      "Fear not, for you will not be put to shame;
      And do not feel humiliated, for you will not be disgraced;
      But you will forget the shame of your youth,
      And the reproach of your widowhood you will remember no more.
      "For your husband is your Maker, Whose name is the LORD of hosts;
      And your Redeemer is the Holy One of Israel, Who is called the
      God of all the earth.
      Isaiah 54:4-5 (NASB)
      Those servants who refuse to get bogged down in and anchored to the
      past are those who pursue the objectives of the future. People who do
      this are seldom petty. They are too involved in getting a job done to be
      occupied with yesterday’s hurts and concerns. Very near the end of his
      full and productive life, Paul wrote: “I have fought the good fight, I
      have finished the course, I have kept the faith” (2 Tim 4:7). What a
      grand epitaph! He seized every day by the throat. He relentlessly
      pursued life.
      I know human nature well enough to realize that some people excuse
      their bitterness over past hurts by thinking: “It’s too late to change.
      I’ve been injured and the wrong done against me is too great for me ever
      to forget it. Maybe Paul could press on, not me.” A person with this
      mind-set is convinced that he or she is the exception to the command to
      forgive and is determined not to change.
      But when God holds out hope, when God makes promises, there are no
      exceptions. With each new dawn there is delivered to your door a fresh,
      new package called “today.” God has designed each of us in such a way
      that we can handle only one package at a time . . . and all the grace we
      need will be supplied by Him as we live out that day.

      “I press on toward the goal.”

      Subscribe; send email to rossboss@... and put "subscribe" in
      the subject line
      Unsubscribe; send email to rossboss@... and put "unsubscribe"