THE MOST IMPORTANT THING

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 7 8:01 AM
      Dear Beloved,
      THE MOST IMPORTANT THING
      Jesus answered, "I am telling you the truth: no one can see the
      Kingdom of God without being born again" (John 3:3, GNB).
      The story of Nicodemus is not new. His visit to Jesus Christ privately
      in the night reveals many important truths to us today. One of such
      truths is the issue of regeneration.
      Nicodemus came to Jesus Christ to commend Him for His teachings and
      miracles and possibly to let Him know that he was one of His secret
      admirers. However, Jesus Christ replied him candidly that a man has to
      be born again to see the Kingdom of God. He must not be a
      praise-singer alone.
      Why did Jesus gave him such reply? Nicodemos was a Pharisee - one of
      those that have "separated" themselves unto legal self righteousness.
      They were a religious and political party in Palestine in New
      Testament times concerned about strictly interpreting and keeping the
      law on all matters. He was also a member of the Jewish highest ruling
      council. Jesus seemed to tell him that having a new birth would give
      him a right standing with God, not his status.
      What is this "new birth" or regeneration? It is "not of natural
      descent, nor of human decision or a husband's will, but [being] born
      of God" (John 1:13, NIV). It is also "not of perishable seed, but of
      imperishable, through the living and enduring word of God (1 Peter
      1:23, NIV). How can this happen? By faith in Jesus Christ as the only
      Savior and Lord of the Universe (see John 1:12; 3:16). This is the
      most important thing.
      Has this taken place in your life? No matter your religiosity,
      self-righteousness, appreciative works and service for God. No matter
      how highly placed you are in the society, "You should not be surprised
      at my saying, 'You must be born again'" (John 3:7, NIV).