Living Life God's Way 10/1/2007

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 30, 2007

      When Christ becomes our central focus,
      contentment replaces our anxiety as well as our fears and insecurities.

      The Secret of Living
      Philippians 1

      When money is our objective for happiness, we must live in fear of
      losing it, which makes us paranoid and suspicious. When fame is our aim,
      we become competitive lest others upstage us, which makes us envious.
      When power and influence drive us, we become self-serving and
      strong-willed, which makes us arrogant. And when possessions become our
      god, we become materialistic, thinking enough is never enough, which
      makes us greedy. All these pursuits fly in the face of contentment and
      joy.
      Only Christ can satisfy, whether we have or don't have, whether we
      are known or unknown, whether we live or die. And the good news is this:
      Death only sweetens the pie! That alone is enough to make you laugh
      again.
      The Living Bible states: "For to me, living means opportunities for
      Christ, and dying - well, that's better yet!" (Phil 1:21). The New
      Testament in Modern English, J.B. Phillip's paraphrase, reads: "For
      living to me means simply 'Christ,' and if I die I should merely gain
      more of him."
      What is the sum and substance of all this? The secret of living is
      the same as the secret of joy: Both revolve around the centrality of
      Jesus Christ. In other words, the pursuit of happiness is the
      cultivation of a Chrust-centered, Christ-controlled life.

      From Day by Day with Charles Swindoll
      _______________________________________

      My prayer for all of you today is that you will comtemplate and pray on
      these
      words and ask God where you are on this. Trust God's promises and use
      the courage and
      confidence that comes from Him only to make any changes that He may
      desire.
      In God's Love, Ross

      Subscribe; send email to rossboss@... and put "subscribe" in
      the subject line