“MICHAEL IS NOT SLEEPING!”

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 26, 2007

      "MICHAEL IS NOT SLEEPING!"

      "Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay
      no attention to the plank in your own eye? How can you say to your
      brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when all the time
      there is a plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank
      out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck
      from your brother's eye" (Matthew 7:3-5, NIV).

      My four-year-old daughter did something funny one weekend. After we
      had had our lunch that afternoon, I ordered all the children to go and
      have their siesta. She is a type that finds it difficult to have
      siesta, so she went to her room reluctantly. After some minutes, she
      resurfaced in the living room where her mother and I were discussing.
      "Michael is not sleeping!" she said referring to one of her cousins
      that is living with us. Her mother and I wondered how she knew that
      somebody was not sleeping while she supposed to sleep.

      That might be one of children antics, but most adults do similar
      thing. They are ready to quickly point out the faults of other people
      while they are culpable of worse faults. Jesus Christ likened those
      people to hypocrites that have a plank in their eyes and try to remove
      just a speck out other people's eyes!

      Yes, it is easier to see the faults of other people. However, it is
      better to first look inwardly and amend our ways before we look
      outwardly to correct other people. That is how we will not be
      hypocrites!