REMEMBER THE CHICKEN!

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 14, 2007

      REMEMBER THE CHICKEN!

      "He who conceals his sins does not prosper, but whoever confesses and
      renounces them finds mercy" (Proverbs 28:13, NIV).

      There was a man working in poultry farm. One day he secretly stole a
      chicken. The next day, as they were about to go home with their daily
      salary, another worker in the farm came to him and demanded for a
      share out of this man's salary. The man protested, but the other man
      said, "Remember the chicken you stole yesterday. You thought that
      nobody saw you, but I did. I will report you to the owner of the farm
      if you do not give me a share of your salary today." The man was
      surprised that a person knew about his sin. He agreed to give the
      other person part of his salary for the day. The following week, the
      second person came to this man that once stole a chicken, and demanded
      for another share of his salary for the day. This man wanted to
      protest again, but the second man said, "Remember the chicken!" The
      first man swallowed his protest and shared his day's salary with the
      second man. This continued for some months, and then the man that
      stole the chicken decided to go and report himself to the owner of the
      farm and pay for the chicken he had stolen. The owner of the farm was
      surprised that he could come to report himself and forgave him for his
      remorseful heart. After his forgiveness, the second man came as usual
      one day to get out of the first man's salary, but the first man
      refused to cooperate with him. He said his usual warning words,
      "Remember the chicken!" but the first man ignored him, and it dawned
      on him that the first man had made restitution with the owner of the
      farm.

      How often are we deprived of our joy by many unconfessed sins? How
      often has Satan taken advantage of us because we refuse to be
      reconciled with God? The Bible says, "He who conceals his sins does
      not prosper, but whoever confesses and renounces them finds mercy"
      (Proverbs 28:13, NIV). Also, "Let us then approach the throne of grace
      with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help
      us in our time of need" (Hebrews 4:16, NIV).