BE THANKFUL ALWAYS (Series 5)

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 29, 2007

      BE THANKFUL ALWAYS (Series 5)

      "�give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ
      Jesus" (1 Thessalonians 5:18, NIV).

      This would be the last part in this series. I have to confess that I did not
      initially have the intention of serializing this theme, but as God would
      want it, it became serial messages. Glory be to God!

      The previous parts dealt mainly on thanking and praising God for what He is
      doing for us and for who He is. However, this last part will be based on
      thanking fellow human beings, and the reasons for doing so. The key verse
      for this series, 1 Thessalonians 5:18, says, "�give thanks in all
      circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus" (NIV). You
      will discover that giving thanks in all circumstance as Paul admonished the
      Thessalonians is not exclusively for God. We ought to give thanks to human
      beings also. We are tend to take people for granted and not appreciate them
      for who they are and what they are doing in our lives, even when that things
      which they are doing is seemingly bad to us! In most cases, God uses people
      to bless other people. When the blessed people are thanking God, they should
      remember to thank those people that are instruments in the hands of God. At
      times, God allows evil people to torment us to bring out the good in us. I
      want to believe that if an unrefined gold can react like human beings, it
      would not regard the goldsmith as a good person. However, it was the
      handiworks of the goldsmith that make unpurified gold to become precious
      jewel. Who knows, the seemingly bad experiences we have are for our good, to
      make us more purified (see 1 Peter 1:6-7). Indeed, we ought to be thankful
      always for all the people that come across us, and for all what they do to
      us either positively or negatively.

      Another reason why we should thankful always in all circumstances is the
      fact that it is the will of God for us to do so. The Bible says, "Through
      Jesus, therefore, let us continually offer to God a sacrifice of praise-the
      fruit of lips that confess his name�for with such sacrifices God is pleased"
      (Hebrews 13:15-16, NIV).

      One who is thankful will have more reasons to be thankful. In all
      circumstances, be thankful always.