BE THANKFUL ALWAYS (Series 4)

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 22, 2007

      BE THANKFUL ALWAYS (Series 4)

      "Thank [God] in everything [no matter what the circumstances may be, be
      thankful and give thanks], for this is the will of God for you [who are] in
      Christ Jesus [the Revealer and Mediator of that will]" (1 Thessalonians
      5:18, AMP).

      "Bless the LORD, O my soul! O LORD my God, You are very great: You are
      clothed with honor and majesty´┐Ż" (Psalm 104:1, NKJV).

      The previous parts in this series have given many reasons why we should
      always thank God. In this part we will discuss about who God is as the
      psalmist described Him in Psalm 104. From these descriptions, we will have
      more reasons why we should always thank and praise God.

      The psalmist started with the greatness of God. The greatness of God is
      manifested in His creation: He stretches out the heavens like a tent (verse
      2b); He sets the earth on its unmovable foundations (verse 5) and covers it
      with the deep (verse 6a); He sets the course of water (verses 6b-9); He
      satisfies the earth and other creatures by His work (verses 10-13); He makes
      the earth produce food for the animals and even man (verses 14-15); He
      provides dwelling place for His creatures (verses 16-18); and He marks off
      seasons, days and years by the sun and the moon (verses 19-23). The psalmist
      continues to describe how God made His creation in wisdom, and all these
      creatures look unto God for sustenance (verses 24-29).

      Having considered all these things, the psalmist concludes that the glory of
      God will endure forever and that he would respond to God's greatness by
      singing to Him all his life and that he would find pleasure in meditating
      about it.

      The implication of this psalm is that we should always praise God for who He
      is as He has demonstrated it in His creation. Lord, I thank you for who you
      are. Bless the LORD, O my soul!