BE THANKFUL ALWAYS (Series 3)

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 15, 2007
      Dearly Beloved,

      BE THANKFUL ALWAYS (Series 3)

      "Thank [God] in everything [no matter what the circumstances may be, be
      thankful and give thanks], for this is the will of God for you [who are] in
      Christ Jesus [the Revealer and Mediator of that will]" (1 Thessalonians
      5:18, AMP).

      The first message in this series was based on an old story. The second was
      based on true-life stories. Both were aimed at reasons why we ought to thank
      God no matter our situation. This third message will be based on what the
      Bible says. In the key verse for the series (1 Thessalonians 5:18), Paul
      enjoined the Thessalonians to "Thank [God] in everything [no matter what the
      circumstances may be, be thankful and give thanks], for this is the will of
      God for you [who are] in Christ Jesus [the Revealer and Mediator of that
      will]" (AMP). The man Job exemplified this (Job 1:21; 2:10). The psalmist
      elaborated this in Psalm 103 and urged his soul not to forget all the
      benefits of God because: the Lord forgives all his sins (verse 3a); the Lord
      heals all his diseases (verse 3b); the Lord redeems his life from
      destruction (verse 4a); the Lord crowns him with love and compassion (verses
      4b, 8, 11, 13, 17); and the Lord satisfies his desires with good things
      (verse 5). The psalmist declared that the Lord did all those things to his
      soul, hence, the exclamation to his soul to bless the Lord. He went further
      to declare other things that the Lord has done and is doing to him as well
      as other people: the Lord is just to the oppressed (verse 6); the Lord led
      the Israelites out of slavery through Moses (verse 7); the Lord is gracious
      and slow to anger (verses 8-10); and in His compassion and love, He treats
      us like children (verses 10-14).

      Having declared the goodness (or benefits) of God, the psalmist entreated
      the angels and all the heavenly hosts to join him in blessing the Lord. He
      even entreated you and me, His works, to also bless the Lord.

      Undoubtedly, you also will have many things to praise the Lord for. Think of
      those things. Do not forget all His benefits. Recount them and thank the
      Lord.

      Lord, I thank you for who I am and all what you have done, is doing, and
      will still do for me. Thank you Jesus!