BE THANKFUL ALWAYS (Series 2)

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 8, 2007

      BE THANKFUL ALWAYS (Series 2)

      "Thank [God] in everything [no matter what the circumstances may be,
      be thankful and give thanks], for this is the will of God for you [who
      are] in Christ Jesus [the Revealer and Mediator of that will]" (1
      Thessalonians 5:18, AMP).

      My last week message was based on an old story of three people that
      thanked their God in spite of their bad situations, and the thrust of
      the message is that we also should learn how to thank God no matter
      our situation. The message was more meaningful to me some hours after
      I sent it to people in my mailing lists that day. I was listening to a
      national television network news program that evening when I saw
      reasons why I should thank God more than before because of His
      protection over my family members and me. Three pathetic incidents
      were reported in that news bulletin that night. One, a ghastly auto
      accident that involved two vehicles where about twenty-four people
      were burnt to death. The security operatives and the people around the
      venue of the accident had to give these dead people mass burial
      because they were burnt beyond recognition! Two, about five-year old
      boy was kidnapped and his two hands were maimed. He was left in a bush
      to die, but he survived it. After his recovery from a hospital, the
      hospital management is looking for philanthropists that will help him
      to secure artificial hands that would have to be replaced every two
      years. Three, a man and one of his children (about a year-old boy)
      were bathed with acid. They lay critically ill in hospital beds both
      of them almost totally disfigured from the effect of the acid. They
      urgently need a huge some of money for treatment.

      I could not continue to listen to the rest of the news bulletin as I
      went to bed dejected for what I have just heard and seen on the
      television. It was then that I remembered the message I sent to people
      earlier that day. Here I am with my family members healthy, safe and
      secure. My children, my wife and I travel everyday at least to our
      working place and school. God always protects us. We are not
      kidnapped. None of us is on sickbed. We are not in desperate need of
      assistance from anybody. In fact, I saw many reasons to thank God that
      night, and I did thank Him for everything He is doing in my life.

      While I am still not happy about those reported incidents, I still
      have causes to thank God even though He has not done everything I want
      Him to do for me. He really deserves my constant gratitude. What of
      you? Do you realize that you ought to thank God always? Do you always
      thank Him? If you ponder very well you will realize that in deed, "It
      is good to give thanks to the LORD, and to sing praises to Your name,
      O Most High" (Psalm 92:1, NKJV).

      Lord, I thank you for who I am and all what you have done, is doing,
      and will still do for me. Thank you Jesus!