YOUR LABOR IS NOT IN VAIN

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 10, 2007

      YOUR LABOR IS NOT IN VAIN

      "Then Jesus went back across the Jordan to the place where John had been
      baptizing in the early days. Here he stayed and many people came to him.
      They said, 'Though John never performed a miraculous sign, all that John
      said about this man was true.' And in that place many believed in Jesus"
      (John 10:40-42, NIV).

      John the Baptist did his public ministry in the wilderness and where one can
      consider as remote places. He did not preach in towns and cities where he
      could easily gain cheap popularity. In spite of this, many people went to
      him in those remote places (see Matthew 3:1-13; Mark 1:4-9; Luke 3:1-19;
      John 3:23). He preached to and baptized many people, but there was no record
      that those people actually repented from their sins. In fact, he imprisoned
      and later beheaded because of his preaching (Matthew 14:3-12; Mark 6:17-29;
      Luke 3:19-20; John 3:23-24). However, he was faithful in his duty in
      preparing the way for Jesus Christ. He even said somewhere, "[Jesus Christ]
      must become greater; I must become less" (John 3:30, NIV).

      One would have concluded that he did not have a successful ministry, but the
      record of John 10:40-42 shows that his ministry indeed prepared way for the
      ministry of Jesus Christ. The record has it that people testified about his
      ministry and believed in Jesus Christ because of his ministry.

      What has God committed into your hands? Where are you striving to do it? How
      faithful are in doing it? Are you facing difficulties in it? Is it
      successful as you want it to be? It does not matter where you are now and
      how successful you are. What matters is faithfulness. Who knows you may be
      preparing the way for the success of the works of God in the near future.
      Your labor of love is never in vain.

      Paul admonished the Corinthians, "Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm.
      Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord,
      because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain" (1 Corinthians
      15:58, NIV).