    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 3, 2007

      "Whenever the living creatures give glory, honor and thanks to him who sits
      on the throne and who lives for ever and ever, the twenty-four elders fall
      down before him who sits on the throne, and worship him who lives for ever
      and ever. They lay their crowns before the throne and say: 'You are worthy,
      our Lord and God´┐Ż'" (Revelation 4:9-11, NIV).

      As I read the above quoted Bible passage recently, I remembered the dramatic
      explanation of one of my professors when I was in the seminary as he taught
      us about the crowns that Christians will get as rewards when Jesus Christ
      comes back again. To him, the crowns will be used to praise God in heaven
      just as the heavenly beings are doing presently in heaven.

      I had another implication of that passage as I ruminated on the action of
      the heavenly beings - we are to serve and worship God with those things that
      we consider as precious to us. Crowns are one of the things that we consider
      as things of honor. Kings and queens usually wear them. Garlands are similar
      things that are given with medals to athletes that triumph in sport
      activities. They are all things of honor that the owners are guiding
      jealously. However, for Christians, every precious thing is given purposely
      to serve and worship God and even to serve the humanity. We should not be
      self-centered in using them. The heavenly beings are worshiping God with
      their own crowns.

      What is that thing that is so precious to you? Whose purpose is it? God gave
      you the thing so that you can use it to worship Him and make it be of
      benefit to the humanity. No matter how precious and honorable the thing may
      be, it is not given only for your selfish purpose. It is given for the
      purpose of worshiping God and service to the humanity.