HOW FAIR ARE YOU?

    Message 1 of 1 , May 27, 2007

      HOW FAIR ARE YOU?
      (CAN YOU DO LIKE JOB DID? [Series 7])

      "If my land cries out against me and all its furrows are wet with
      tears, if I have devoured its yield without payment or broken the
      spirit of its tenants" (Job 31:38-39, NIV).

      Having called on God to answer him and possibly indict him for any
      wrongdoing (verses 35-37), Job even claimed his fairness to inanimate
      things like land (verses 37-40). This last defense is related to the
      third defense that was explained in series 3 of this study. It has to
      do with fairness. Interestingly, this fairness has to do with things
      that are not human beings.

      In the Mosaic Law, God demonstrated His fairness to inanimate things
      like land when He told the Israelites, "When you enter the land I am
      going to give you, the land itself must observe a sabbath to the LORD.
      For six years sow your fields, and for six years prune your vineyards
      and gather their crops. But in the seventh year the land is to have a
      sabbath of rest, a sabbath to the LORD. Do not sow your fields or
      prune your vineyards. Do not reap what grows of itself or harvest the
      grapes of your untended vines. The land is to have a year of rest"
      (Leviticus 25:2-5, NIV).

      As if Job had this kind of law at his disposal, he was fair to the
      land that he used. The implication of this is that if he were fair to
      inanimate things like that, he would likely be fair to human beings
      around him. The discussion in series 3 of this study confirmed this.

      How fair are you to inanimate things that you are using? Are you
      looking down on them as something you can use anyhow? In what ways do
      your fairness to them affect your fairness to people around you? Your
      attitude to ordinary things of life will determine your attitude to
      people and even to God. People may blame Job for his
      self-righteousness, but his life is one that even God could boast of
      (Job 1:8; 2:3). We have been able to attest to this in this serial
      study. Can you be like Job, and can you do like he did?

      Circumstances did not allow me to send this serial study
      consecutively. If you have messed any of the seven parts or you want a
      compressed version of the whole study, write me directly at
      <spiritualdigest@...>. God bless you!