WHAT IS GOOD IN IT? (abridged)

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2007
      As we enter into the "Holy Week" today, let me resend an abridged
      version of series of messages I once sent about the accomplishments of
      the atoning death of Jesus Christ:
      WHAT IS GOOD IN IT? (abridged)
      (THE ATONING DEATH OF JESUS CHRIST)
      "None of the rulers of this age understood it, for if they had, they
      would not have crucified the Lord of glory" (1 Corinthians 2:8, NIV).
      I overheard a Muslim preacher one day accusing the Christians: "They
      call the day 'Good Friday.' What is good in it? What is good in a day
      they crucified their Savior? What is worthy of celebration in it?" I
      chuckled. What is good in the Good Friday? Why should we Christians
      celebrate such a "horrible" day - a day that our Savior and Lord was
      tried, sentenced to death by crucifixion, flogged, molested, crucified
      cruelly and eventually died? Non-Christians may not know, but every
      Christian knows what is good in it. If Satan and his cohorts knew that
      the day would turned to become a good day for Christians and anyone
      who accepts Jesus Christ as his personal Savior and Lord, they would
      do everything possible to hinder the event of the day from taking
      place.
      What is good in the Good Friday? What is the significance of the death
      of Jesus Christ on the cross? This will lead us to the purpose of the
      first coming of Jesus Christ to the world: to SAVE people from their
      SIN (Matthew 1:21; John 1:20; Acts 3:26; 1 Timothy 1:15; 1 John 3:5,
      8; 4:9, 10). Jesus Christ accomplished this through His death on the
      cross (Romans 5:6,8; Hebrews 2:14-15; 10:5-10). This atoning death of
      Jesus Christ is related to our sins (redemption); it is toward God
      (propitiation), and at the same time toward man (reconciliation). In
      other words, Jesus Christ, through His atoning death, paid the price
      of man' sin in order to remove the wrath of God and thereby reconcile
      man to God. There is no doubt that the day Jesus Christ accomplished
      all these is not only a good day, but one of the best days for
      Christians and everyone who accepts Him as his personal Savior and
      Lord.
      However, is Jesus Christ's death effective in your life? Have you been
      reconciled to God? Believe in the Lord Jesus Christ so that His death
      will not be in vain over your life. Accept Him today as your personal
      Savior and Lord. You will experience the goodness of His death in your
      life!
      Note:
      Send your comments and remarks on this message to me directly or copy
      me at spiritualdigest@.... If you need the full study, let me
      know. God bless you!!!