Living Life God's Way 3/5/2007; A Matter of Trust

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 5 7:46 AM

      Don't trust to hold God's hand; let Him hold yours.
      Let Him do the holding, and you the trusting.
      Hammer William Webb-Peploe
      _________________________________

      A Matter Of Trust
      Trust in the Lord with all you heart and lean not on your own
      understanding.
      Proverbs 3:5
      We were on our way from a family retreat week. My husband and I
      thought we would surprise our teenage sons by taking them parasailing at
      the beach before heading home. During the drive to the beach, the boys
      whined and complained: "What are we doing? Where are we going? How long
      will it take us to get there? Why don't we just go home?"
      Finally we arrived at the beach, much to their surprise and delight.
      My husband asked them, "Why couldn't you just trust that we were
      planning something good?"
      As my husband and I stood on the beach, I thought, "Isn't that just
      what we do with God many times?" We say, "LOrd, where are you taking us?
      How much longer will you make us wait? Why don't you tell us where we're
      going?"
      We often whine and complain instead of trusting completely in our
      loving and caring heavenly Father, who is always faithful and wants to
      give us everything that is good.
      Theresa Eury; The Upper Room Daily Devotional

      Do everything without complaining or arguing, so that you may become
      blameless and pure, children of God without fault in a crooked and
      depraved generation, in which you shine like stars in the universe
      as you hold out the word of life -- in order that I may boast on the
      day of Christ that I did not run or labor for nothing.
      Philippians 2:14-16