    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 5, 2007

      "�and many who heard him were amazed. 'Where did this man get these things?'
      they asked. 'What's this wisdom that has been given him, that he even does
      miracles! Isn't this the carpenter? �.' And they took offense at him" (Mark
      6:2-3, NIV).

      There have been many views and opinions about Jesus Christ. To some, He was
      a great religious leader. Some view Him as a great teacher. To some people,
      He was one of the messengers that God sent to this world, especially to a
      specific people. Others look at Him as only a Savior. People like me believe
      in Him as the Savior and Lord of the whole earth. However, to His earthly
      townsmen, He was just a carpenter who they knew His background very well.
      However, He was, and still is, more than a carpenter. He is even more than
      what you can think of. The reason is that He is God, the Creator of the
      heavens and the earth. Many people will disagree with this, even today,
      because they, like those Jews, are spiritually blind.

      What is your view about Jesus Christ? Who is He? Having heard what people
      said He was, He once asked His disciples this question: "Who do you say I
      am?" (Luke 9:20, NIV). Only Simon Peter could give an answer: "The Christ of
      God." That was Peter's na�ve answer. He was correct! What would be your
      answer to such question?

      Jesus is not only the Savior of the world. He is also the Lord! This means
      that He owns the world and all that is in it � including you! The
      implication of this is that even if you do not want to have anything to do
      with Him, or you are taking offense at Him like those Jews, a day is coming
      when you will stand before Him at His throne where He will preside as the
      Judge. You will not have any other option than to give account of how you
      spend your life on earth. The question then will be: "What will Jesus do
      with me?"

      "Isn't this the carpenter?" Yes! Jesus Christ was that carpenter of
      Nazareth, but He is more than a carpenter. He is the Savoir and Lord of the
      whole universe. Have you accepted Him? The Bible says, "[Jesus Christ] came
      to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him. Yet to all who
      received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become
      children of God � children born not of natural descent, nor of human
      decision or a husband's will, but born of God" (John 1:11-13, NIV).