"WHERE DID IT FALL?"

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 28, 2007

      As a result of some circumstances beyond my control last week, let me
      re-send to you this message I first sent to people in my email ministry
      sometime in the year 2003:

      "WHERE DID IT FALL?"

      "The man of God asked, 'Where did it fall?' When he showed him the place,
      Elisha cut a stick and threw it there, and made the iron float" (2 Kings
      6:6, NIV).

      "The company of the prophets" (or theological students of Elisha) faced a
      problem of lack of space for their training, so they tried to find a way of
      solving the problem. They suggested that they should relocate to Jordan
      where they would have a lot of space. They thought they could solve the
      problem on their own. We should not be surprised when Elisha gave them up to
      their arrogance. However, one of the students realized their folly and
      humbly invited their master to follow them. Surprisingly, Elisha agreed to
      follow them.

      The students with their master went near River Jordan to prepare another
      place for themselves. As they were working, the axe head of one of the
      students fell into the river. He could use the opportunity to rest or
      pretend as if nothing had happened, but he cried out for help instantly.

      Elisha asked the most important question from the embattled student, "Where
      did it fall?" He did not ask him how it fell or the cause of the problem. He
      asked him about the exact place where the axe head was. God is not
      interested in the trivial detail of your problem. His interest is in the
      problem and how it will be solved.

      The blind Bartimaeus was crying for help to Jesus, but Jesus seemed to be
      telling him, "Man, be specific. Do not bother me with the detail of your
      problem. What exactly do you want me to do for you?" (Mark 10:51). As if he
      also got the message, he declared, "Rabbi, I want to see." When you are in
      any problem, instead of grumbling, specifically make your request known unto
      God, and a miracle is waiting at your doorstep. Hannah was childless, she
      went to God and specifically told Him about her predicament, and she was
      blessed with Samuel (1 Samuel 1:9-20). Jabez cried out to God for a
      particular problem in his life, and He bailed him out of the big mess (1
      Chronicles 4:9-10).

      The Bible says, "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by
      prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God"
      (Philippians 4:6), and "cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for
      you" (1 Peter 5:7).

      Do you involve God in your day-to-day activities, or you are thinking that
      you can do without Him? Are you using your problems as an excuse not to
      serve God? Who do you turn to when you are in trouble? Only God can help
      you. Call upon Him; He is ready to help you. However, you have to be
      SPECIFIC. Tell Him exactly what you want, and He will surprise you.

      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 1, 2013

[...]

        This message was first sent out on September 15, 2003.

        I recently replaced the BlackBerry device that I used to minister through
        BlackBerry Messenger. Please add this BB PIN:29275BB9 to your BBM contact
        list to be able to receive my daily messages (if you have not done so). God
        bless you!