THE GOD OF ALL POSSIBILITIES

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 7, 2007
      Dearly Beloved,

      THE GOD OF ALL POSSIBILITIES

      "The poor and needy search for water, but there is none; their tongues
      are parched with thirst. But I the LORD will answer them; I, the God
      of Israel, will not forsake them. I will make rivers flow on barren
      heights, and springs within the valleys. I will turn the desert into
      pools of water, and the parched ground into springs. I will put in the
      desert the cedar and the acacia, the myrtle and the olive. I will set
      pines in the wasteland, the fir and the cypress together, so that
      people may see and know, may consider and understand, that the hand of
      the LORD has done this, that the Holy One of Israel has created it"
      (Isaiah 41:17-20, NIV).

      Once again happy and prosperous new year (2007)! As my family as used
      Isaiah 41:17-20 to pray with you early this year, let me base my first
      message for the year on that passage of the Bible. The passage was
      apparently addressed to the exiled Jews in Babylon to restore their
      hope in God who in spite of their disobedience can do things that they
      considered impossible.

      This God of all possibilities promised to quench the thirst of
      returning home of these exiled people. He promised to answer them and
      prove to them that He would always be with them. He promised to do
      those things that are ordinarily impossible, like bringing water out
      of dry land, and making plants flourish in the desert. The Lord
      promised to do these things so that people may know that He, the God
      of all possibilities, has done them in their lives.

      What have you passed through last year? Are they unpleasant
      experiences? Does it seem as if they are difficult and impossible to
      be changed? The God of all possibilities will answer you. He will not
      forsake you. He will do those things that seem impossible in your
      life. Yes! He will perform wonders in your life, and people will
      praise Him for it.

      "Jesus … said, 'With man this is impossible, but not with God; all
      things are possible with God' and 'What is impossible with men is
      possible with God'" (Mark 10:27; Luke 18:27, NIV).

      Once again, happy new year!