RESOLVE TO STAND OUT

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 10, 2006

      RESOLVE TO STAND OUT

      "But Daniel resolved not to defile himself with the royal food and
      wine, and he asked the chief official for permission not to defile
      himself in this way" (Daniel 1:8, NIV).

      The people of Judah were led into exile in captivity because of their
      disobedience to God. The temple of God and the city of Jerusalem – the
      prides of Israel – were destroyed. The self-esteem of the people was
      dented. They were no longer a nation free of external forces. In fact,
      they were now captives in a foreign land. They could not worship their
      God in the way they preferred, and their children were now slaves that
      were serving their captors.

      In spite of these predicaments, Daniel and his colleagues resolved to
      distinguish themselves in that foreign land in not defiling themselves
      with things that seemed ordinary but that could make them be far from
      their God.

      These four Jewish young men were not like many people today that are
      ready to do anything that is in vogue. They resolved to stand out, and
      God rewarded them with prestige and position of authority in that land
      of captivity.

      Are you also ready to resolve to stand out in this depraved world? The
      Bible says, "Do not follow the crowd in doing wrong" (Exodus 23:2,
      NIV). Resolve to stand out for God in refusing to do even those
      seeming good things but that can tarnish the image of God in you.
      Joshua told the people of Israel, "But if serving the LORD seems
      undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will
      serve, whether the gods your forefathers served beyond the River, or
      the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me
      and my household, we will serve the LORD" (Joshua 24:15, NIV).

      Resolve to stand out for God!