THE GREAT INVITATION

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 29, 2006
      Dearly Beloved,

      THE GREAT INVITATION

      "[Jesus Christ] came to His own, and His own did not receive Him. But as
      many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God,
      to those who believe in His name: who were born, not of blood, nor of the
      will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God" (John 1:11-13, NKJV).

      There is a parable of a wedding banquet in Matthew 22:1-14. A king invited
      some prominent people to a wedding banquet, but these people refused to
      honor his invitation even after he persuaded them to come. The king then
      extended the invitation to ordinary men on the street so that what he had
      provided for the banquet would not be a waste. Every Tom, Dick and Harry
      came to the banquet to take part in this rare opportunity of dining with the
      king. However, one of them did not wear the wedding clothes. This annoyed
      the king who sent the man into prison.

      The lessons in this parable are: one, the door of heaven is widely open to
      everyone. Everyone has the opportunity to accept Jesus Christ as one's
      personal Savior and Lord. However, those who do not accept Him and are made
      children of God cannot inherit the kingdom of heaven. Two, while the parable
      has nothing to do with the clothes in which we go to church, it has
      everything to do with the spirit in which we go to God's house. It is
      profoundly true that going to church must never be a fashion parade.
      Nevertheless there are garments of the mind and of the heart and of the soul
      � the garment of expectation, the garment of humble penitence, the garment
      of faith, the garment of reverence.

      Have you accepted the invitation to be with Jesus in His Kingdom? Do you
      have His garment? Only those who receive Him can inherit the kingdom of God
      with Him. This is a great invitation to you today. God bless you!